Nikal’s commitment is to provide high quality service respecting the best values of sustainability, professionalism, honesty, efficiency and environment protection. To do so, Nikal has an integrated management system compliant with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 20121:2012.
The company provides facility management services, events organisation and merchandising fully respecting the principles of quality, sustainability and environment, health and safety protection of the staff. The services respond to the stricter standards of impartiality, functionality and objectivity.
Nikal’s commitment is to respect all the environmental, social, health and safety standards in workplaces. The company continuously works very hard to do its best to decrease its direct and indirect environmental impact, considering the use of the best available technology.
Nikal takes inspiration from the sustainability development values, acknowledging the importance of the environment during the economic and social development of the territory. Nikal provides the prevention, elimination and reduction of the phenomenon that can put the environment in danger.
Nikal works in its territory contributing to the community welfare and prosperity offering well-paid jobs, buying properties and services, respecting tax obligations and current laws, using resources in a sustainable and efficient way. Everything to give value to the territory capital and to make the social, environmental and economic context better.
Nikal guarantees the involvement of its users, through a complain form that allows the company to manage and solve possible difficulties promptly.
Nikal guarantees maximum openness to solve eventual issues, fully respect and total discretion of all the parties involved.
In the context aforementioned, the reason for adopting the ISO 20121 standard is to implement a clear management system for the events that will let the company evaluate how the activities are carried out, in order to reach the objectives of economic, social and environmental sustainability.
For all its stakeholders, Nikal offers a well-structured sustainable management of the events based on important principles explained in the declaration of intent:
- Management: in line with the objectives and with the aim of continuous improvement;
- Inclusivity: always taking into consideration the users and stakeholder’ requests;
- Integrity: support in ethic morals;
- Transparency: fundamental during the reporting step for a circular communication with the stakeholders.
Nikal commits itself to direct the user choices proposing sustainable solutions during all the different steps of the event organisation: if the project proposals are not adapted, a sustainable management of the event, concerning the company’s areas of responsibility, would be guaranteed.
General Objectives for Sustainable Development
Nikal is aware to be part of a larger system in the local community, which allows the company to cooperate with synergy with everyone who is a part of it, in order to guarantee the respect of the rules, knowing that this behaviour helps to spread a culture of respect.
Nikal takes the sustainable development as an occasion to grow and value the company and its people, fully satisfying its users and stakeholders. For this reason, the Management Team is committed to support its customers in reaching their sustainability objectives creating a circle of good practices. This strengthens the reputation and the relationships with the main stakeholders and it also clearly shows the quality of the actions made.
The company gives life to these purposes through the best practices of: equal gender opportunities politics, attention and protection of the stakeholders thank to its investment in education, UNI EN ISO 14001:2015 adoption with the aim of recycling to prevent waste production, to decrease energetic consumption and to optimize the use of spaces, resources, facilities and so on.
Objectives for Sustainable Management of Events
Nikal is committed to organise sustainable events taking into account the balance between the social, economic and environmental impacts generated by the event itself. The company checks the quality and the compliance of the sustainability policy during the supplying phase. Its aim is to help innovating the practices to decrease waste and capitalizing the experience of future events.
Everything aforementioned is possible activating an internal system of checks during all the creation, realization and conclusion of the event, in order to reduce economic, environmental and social risks and to promote the decrease of material and energetic consumption.
Nikal in particular wants to:
- Spread the sustainable development policy and the system of values to make them the unique company approach known by the stakeholders. This is done in order to share the objectives and to improve the awareness and the responsibility of every party involved in the management of the activity.
- Continuously train and inform all human resources to spread knowledge, to make data and management strategies accessible, to share the system of values and the sustainability objectives so as to make them feel expert and confident of their abilities.
- Check the efficiency of the processes through the clear definition of roles, responsibilities, operating procedures and indicators.
- Set up for every event: context analysis, involvement of the stakeholders, evaluation of the positive and negative impacts, evaluation of the risks/opportunities. This can help the company starting up activities and improving its performance.
- Respect the contract commitment and mandatory requirements for a smooth event execution.
- Ensure the compliance of the safety regulations at workplace.
- Involve and satisfy the interested parties, to privilege products and services realized and distributed with a sustainable approach; share the sustainability practices with the stakeholders and the supply chain.
- Commit to reach the sustainable development objectives and to carry out its policy in general. This is possible through the risks and opportunities evaluation, the strategies definition, the objectives control, the resources allocation and arrangement and finally the annual revaluation of the policy when the entire system is put under examination.